6.16.2023

Quest for Korbo’s Power - Intro


Witch Master Korbo lies dying of mortal wounds suffered in battle. He has called his surviving coven members to his bedside to hear what may be his final order.

“There are many things I need to perform a certain ritual that can maintain my existence. The one of you who brings to me these ingredients will gain power to rival my own. My thralls will take me to the ruined Temple of Nekhbet, The Rise of Dawn's Embrace, where I will await whatever fate will come.”

Korbo coughs violently and wipes blood from his beak. He sees a few members of the coven thinking this is their chance to simply finish off the Witch Master and take up leadership of the coven for themselves. “I will have none of that!” he squawks and strikes down a  coven member who was not clearly plotting against him.

“First you must gather the right hand of an Artifex. One of these To-Tanem keeps his workshop near this very camp. Yes, you know the place of which I speak."

“Then  to the Typhon outpost near the oasis at Lakhar where the Eye of Fathnik rests unused. The patrols have left on their rounds for the season. There should be no more than a handful of Typhon there at this time.”

“Nearby is a small Khemru Temple where you must take a horn from the Priest who dwells therein.”

“The final piece I need is the chalice of a Blood Witch. One such creature makes her home in a cave not far from The Rise of Dawn's Embrace. She is but one twisted Asar whom even the lowest of you could best easily."

“Bring to me these things so I will be made whole and you will be rewarded. Now leave me! Gather your wretched followers and begone. Only one of you will win my favor in the end.”

Thus begins the Quest for  Korbo's Power. This is meant to be a series of linked scenarios for 2 to 5 parties to gather the items needed to heal Witch Master Korbo and gain a portion of his arcane power. Each party will be lead by a Witch Coven member who has studied and served at Korbo's side for many years. Now is the chance for you to prove yourself worthy of the Witch Master's attention and a fraction of his power so you can go your own way to form your own Coven.

No comments:

Post a Comment